As dentists have progressed through Dr. Peter Dawson’s Concept of Complete Dentistry series, they have frequently expressed the need for a laboratory technician who understands the principles of occlusion with whom they can work to achieve their desired results. To address this need, this course has been developed as a primer for those Technicians wishing to practice complete dentistry.
This intense 2 1/2 day program has been designed to advance the knowledge and skills of intermediate level Technicians. The interactive program will include lecture, videos, slides, and discussion of the masticatory system, anatomic and functional harmony, the temporomandibular joint, centric relation, anterior guidance, envelope of function, the neutral zone, long centric, vertical dimension, the occlusal plane, occlusal stops, requirements for occlusal stability, instrumentation and more.
This course is a unique opportunity for Technicians to learn about the function of the masticatory system in an environment just for Technicians.
Course Size: 20
- Anatomy and function of the masticatory system
- Understanding open centric relation bites vs. closed centric occlusion Bites and the indications for each
- Understanding the role of the neutral zone on anterior and posterior restorations, and when it is critical to the case outcome and incisal Edge position
- Understanding when, how and why to use the facebow mounted casts and how simplified semi-adjustable articulators can make even complex cases easier and more predictable.
- Understanding anterior guidance – the importance of stable occlusion and how to restore it in the lab.
- When and how to increase vertical dimension.
- Evaluating anterior incisal plane and posterior occlusal plane.
- How to create stable posterior restorations.
Day 1 and 2 – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Day 3 – 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Mid-Atlantic Center for Advanced Dental Study Chesapeake, Virginia
$1,295 per technician CE Credits: 19
Buddy Shafer Jr., CDT
August 15-17, 2013 (Th-Sa)
Requests to cancel or transfer registration in a Dawson Academy course, lecture, or event will be accommodated until 60 DAYS PRIOR to start date. Upon request a refund will be provided minus a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, or a one-time course, lecture, or event transfer. Less than 60 days prior to course, no refunds or transfers will be issued.
*Students who finance tuition through the Springstone Financing program are subject to special terms and conditions. Please contact The Dawson Academy at 1.800.952.2178 for full details.