In Comprehensive Examination and Records, a systematic process for conducting a comprehensive examination and taking diagnostic records was developed. This dental course will pick up where Comprehensive Examination and Records left off and teach a systematic process for advanced records when TMD pathology is suspected. A systematic process for the evaluation, differential diagnosis and treatment/management of patients exhibiting signs and symptoms of TMD will be developed. A significant focus will be placed on occlusal splint therapy and the development of an individualized patient management plan of which splint therapy is one component. The use of occlusal splint therapy in cases of nocturnal bruxism, during and following treatment of certain restorative cases will be included.
NOTE: Formerly the dental course, Advanced Diagnostics & Phase 1 Treatment
(Limited to 20 students)
- Understand when TM joint imaging is indicated and how to order it.
- Differentiate between different imaging options to include MRI and Cone Beam technologies.
- Understand what the MRI and CT-Scans are showing and how this information relates to the signs and symptoms of TMD.
- Understand what insurance codes, including medical, to use when treating TMD problems.
- Recognize when to use occlusal splint therapy.
- Differentiate between different types of splints and when to use which type.
- Fabricate and refine an occlusal splint.
- Understand the basic concepts of anatomy, physiology, and neuromuscular relationships that must be considered in the development of an individualized management plan.
- How to efficiently and profitably schedule splint therapy.
- How to create an appropriate fee structure for service.
- How to help patients understand the diagnosis and treatment needed so they will accept your recommendations.
Class Hours: Day 1 & 2 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Day 3 – 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuition: $3,800 per dentist
CE Credits: 20
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists
Date & Location:
November 7-9, 2013 (Th-Sa) Course held at The Dawson Academy, St. Petersburg, FL
Requests to cancel or transfer registration in a Dawson Academy course, lecture, or event will be accommodated until 60 DAYS PRIOR to start date. Upon request a refund will be provided minus a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, or a one-time course, lecture, or event transfer. Less than 60 days prior to course, no refunds or transfers will be issued.
*Students who finance tuition through the Springstone Financing program are subject to special terms and conditions. Please contact The Dawson Academy at 1.800.952.2178 for full details.