Leading your patients to ‘YES’
One of the greatest challenges in transitioning a practice to ‘a complete care’ model is the creation of an organized process from the time a patient first calls the practice to the delivery of optimum restorative dentistry. In order for this to happen, not only must the Dentist’s technical abilities grow, but so must the organizational, managerial and communication skills of the entire team.
This two-day dental continuing education program is designed for the Dentist and the key team members from the business and clinical staff. The purpose is for the team to come home with a unified vision of how to schedule, the specific roles of each team member in the new patient process, the required verbal skills both on the phone and chairside, and the programmed approach to case presentation. This is a dental practice management retreat that will ignite the potential within your practice.
- How to handle incoming phone calls with professionalism and efficiency, to guarantee correct placement of each patient into the schedule.
- How to schedule and orchestrate the New Patient/Records gathering visit.
- How to introduce existing patients in your practice to the concept of a comprehensive dental examination.
- How to conduct a new patient interview, and why this is a critical step with every new patient.
- How the team uses photography in conjunction with “future focused questions” to uncover the wants of the patient.
- How to utilize technology to establish a baseline with your patient of what optimum health is from a biologic, functional and esthetic perspective.
- How to conduct a co-diagnostic examination that will uncover every factor that could potentially put the dentition at risk, and how to professionally illustrate these problems to the patient.
- How to charge appropriate fees for each step of the records process, and know when your patient is ready for more advanced diagnostic procedures.
- How to schedule the case presentation appointment, and who must be present at this visit.
- A programmed approach to case presentation that leads to the most appropriate sequence of treatment for the life circumstances of each patient.
- How to organize the schedule for increased productivity, increased efficiency, and decreased stress.
- How to make time for larger cases, while still paying attention to the necessary operative dentistry that is the cornerstone of every general practice.
- How to handle and schedule the patient who is “shopping” for a new Dentist.
During this dental practice management workshop, participants will learn to use the latest patient education technology, Guru, to help their patients understand their dental problems. This interactive system, featuring the stop, draw, teach approach enables you to connect with your patients like never before.
Dates: June 21-22, 2013 (Fri-Sa)
Location: Mid-Atlantic Center, Chesapeake, VA
Class Hours: Day 1 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Day 2 – 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Tuition: $3,800 for Dentist and Two Key Team Members
($595 for each additional Team Member)
CE Credits: 13
Instructors: John C. Cranham, DDS, Larry M. Guzzardo, BSBA
Prerequisite: Recommended for Dentist Functional Occlusion – From TMJ to Smile Design, Comprehensive Examination & Records, Treatment Planning Functional Esthetics
Target Audience: General Dentists, Dental Assistants, Team Members
To register, please call us at 800.952.2178.
What Students are Saying…
“When my staff and I returned back to our office, we each had a long list of corrections and improvements we could work on as a team. Some changes as subtle as the verbage we use in our patient communications; others may involve capital improvements to the office structure itself.
As I look forward to completing the last of my “Core 7″ courses this April, I feel more and more comfortable with my practice transitioning to a comprehensive dentistry office. However, no matter how many courses I take myself, I needed to have my staff attend Implementing Complete Dentistry for any transition to be realized.
My enrollment in the Academy has been the best investment I have made since my graduation from dental school.” – Walter Mazzella, DDS, MAGD, Woodstock, MD
Requests to cancel or transfer registration in a Dawson Academy course, lecture, or event will be accommodated until 60 DAYS PRIOR to start date. Upon request a refund will be provided minus a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, or a one-time course, lecture, or event transfer. Less than 60 days prior to course, no refunds or transfers will be issued.
*Students who finance tuition through the Springstone Financing program are subject to special terms and conditions. Please contact The Dawson Academy at 1.800.952.2178 for full details.