This dental seminar is the recommended first step in our dental seminars continuing education. As the foundational seminar in the “Concept of Complete Dentistry (SM) Series,” you will learn the timeless message that good, esthetic and complete dentistry must begin with a thorough understanding of dental occlusion and the functions of the masticatory system. The cornerstone of The Dawson Academy philosophy is a comprehensive understanding of how the TM joint, muscles, proprioceptive input, lower anterior teeth, upper anterior teeth, lower posterior teeth and upper posterior teeth are designed to function in harmony with one another.
Regardless of the latest trends in techniques or materials, these principles will remain the foundation of quality and complete dentistry. You will gain an insight and understanding that will change not only how you practice, but your enjoyment of the practice, as well.
- A scientifically based, practical approach to occlusal management in everyday practice.
- The 10 factors critical to a stable occlusion and how applying them results in long-term success of your general and cosmetic cases.
- How to identify, prior to treatment, which patients pose a risk of future instability.
- An examination process that gets the esthetically driven patient to care about the functional implications critical to long-term success.
- How to know precisely where teeth need to go for veneers, crowns, and implant supported restorations.
- When it is safe to open vertical and when not to do so.
- Why porcelain chips and breaks and how to eliminate breakage from your practice.
- Step by step processes utilizing checklists for functional-esthetic analysis and treatment planning.
- How to efficiently take the necessary diagnostic records for comprehensive diagnosis and treatment planning.
- A thorough examination process and how to implement it in your practice.
- How understanding occlusion saves you time, increases profitability and reduces stress.
Day 1 and 2 – 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Day 3 – 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Tuition: $1,695 per doctor or technician
CE Credits: 19
John Cranham, DDS
Peter E. Dawson, DDS
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists, Laboratory Technicians
May 8-10, 2014 (Th-Sa) Mountain West Dental Institute, Denver, Colorado
October 16-18, 2014 (Th-Sa) Tradewinds Island Grand Resort, St. Pete Beach, Florida*
November 13-15, 2014 (Th-Sa) Sybron Learning Center, Anaheim, California
* Dr. Dawson will only instruct at the Florida location.
Click Here for Payment Options
The Dawson Academy is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
The Dawson Academy designates this activity for 19 credit hours continuing education credits.
Requests to cancel or transfer registration in a Dawson Academy course, lecture, or event will be accommodated until 60 DAYS PRIOR to start date. Upon request a refund will be provided minus a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, or a one-time course, lecture, or event transfer. Less than 60 days prior to course, no refunds or transfers will be issued.
*Students who finance tuition through the Springstone Financing program are subject to special terms and conditions. Please contact The Dawson Academy at 1.800.952.2178 for full details.