How We Use Your Information
We use personal information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site and using our Software, to provide to you the services offered by the Site; resolve service disputes; troubleshoot problems; measure consumer interest in our products and services, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, events and updates; deliver information to you that, in some cases, is relevant to your interests, such as product news; customize your experience; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our Software as a Service agreement; provide you with system or administrative messages, and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
We may also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyze Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Site’s content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
Please see our Software as a Service agreement for information on our management of account information when you terminate your account with us.
What Information Do We Collect?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. This allows us to provide services and features that most likely meet your needs, and to customize our service to make your experience safer and easier. We only collect personal information about you that we consider necessary for achieving this purpose.
In general, you can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you become a registered user (“Registered User”) by registering on the Site, we require you to provide various contact and identity information and other personal information as indicated on the relevant forms on the Site, and you are no longer anonymous to us. Where possible, on these forms we indicate which fields are required and which fields are optional. In addition, as you use the Site, you can from time to time enter or send to us personal information.
You always have the option to not provide information by choosing not to become a Registered User or by not using the particular feature of the Site for which the information is being collected.
We also automatically track certain information about you based upon your behavior on our Site and while using our Software. We use this information to do internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand, protect and serve you and our community. This information may include the URL that you just came from (whether this URL is on our Site or not), which URL you next go to (whether this URL is on our Site or not), your computer browser information, your IP address and your location, etcetera.
Following your registration on the Site, you can review and change your information in your account area.
We do not access or collect any personal information of third parties that Registered Users may upload to the Site or Services; the only personal information we collect is the personal information that Registered Users provide in the Registered User’s Account information.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties without your explicit consent.
The following describes some of the ways that your information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide our services:
- Anonymized Aggregated Data. We aggregate and anonymize data and use and disclose such information for a variety of purposes. However, in these situations, we do not disclose any information that could be used to identify you personally.
- Public Areas of the Site. All of your activities in the public areas of the Site will be identifiable to your Registered User ID if applicable, and other people can see your published content.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates; Service Providers. We may from time to time use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and unrelated service providers in the operation of the Site, and may disclose personal information to them in the course of our use of their services. For example, we may use the services of third-party hosting companies to host the operation of the Site. This may involve the hosting of data, including personal information, on servers operated by those hosting companies.
- Legal Requests; Emergencies; Jurisdictions. We cooperate with law enforcement inquiries and demands for information that are made under force of law. We are also cognizant of the need to address emergencies. Therefore, we may disclose your personal information (a) to any governmental authority as part of an investigation to determine our compliance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation (including privacy laws, rules, and regulations), (b) in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful judicial or administrative proceeding, (c) as otherwise required under any applicable law, rule, or regulation, and (d) in good faith, to protect or defend our rights or property or those of other users. Finally, please note that in some cases, personal information that we collect may be stored or processed outside of The United States of America. In such cases, we continue to protect the information with appropriate safeguards, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries and governmental authorities in those countries.
- We may also disclose personal information to the acquirer or its agents in the course of the sale of our business. If we do this, the disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions.
Our Retention of Your Information
We retain personal information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. When you register on the Site, archived personal information that you have provided will not ordinarily be erased unless and until your entire account on the Site is deleted, and even then we may retain some or all of your personal information on back-up files; provided, however, we assume no obligation or guarantee to archive any information and do not warrant that any archived information will later be made available to you.
Your Account and Online Activity
When you register on the Site, you create an account (“Account”) and privacy settings. You may modify or remove any of the information in your Account at any time by logging into your account and making the desired changes. For technical reasons, any modifications or deletions which you request may take a short period of time to take effect. If you change or delete any of your personal information, we will remove the old or deleted information from the Site; however, we may keep such information archived beyond this point in time, as noted under “Our Retention of Your Information” above.
TDA strives to protect your personal information and other information you provide to us, such as login passwords for third party websites. We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of your personal information on our system and the security of other information you provide to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and other information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Other Information Collectors
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us at : email@example.com or,
The Dawson Academy
390 4th Street, North
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
ATTN: Privacy Officer
Last updated on February 11, 2015