Thursday, March 15, 2018
8:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday, March 15, 2018
|7:00 am – 8:00 am||Breakfast & Registration|
|8:00 am||Welcome & Study Club Updates||Dr. Michael Verber, Ms. Joan Forrest|
|Invisalign: The Cornerstone of Comprehensive Care Dentistry||By Dr. Ben Miraglia|
|Success Through Verification: The Functional, Phonetic, and Esthetic Ramifications of Altering Incisal Edge Positions||Dr. Leonard Hess|
|Building a Dental Practice Brand …. Without Breaking the Bank||Will Rose|
|The Quest for the Center: A Personal Journey.||Dr. Pio Modi|
|The Case for Minimally Invasive Dentistry||Dr. John Cranham|
|So They Said YES…Now what?||Dr. Zach Sisler|
|Study Club Challenge||Dr. Michael Verber|
|4:30 pm – 5:00 pm||Case Review with Faculty (optional)|
|6:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Alumni Retreat Welcome Reception (spouses welcome)|
Scroll down to read presentation descriptions.
Hear What Attendees Had to Say…
What a glorious day! I agree with Dr. Cranham; was better than I expected, and I had high expectations coming in. Topic were extremely pertinent to my every day practice of dentistry.
I loved the excitement and engagement of the faculty in the study club challenge. The pace and length of the presentations was great. The day was well planned and executed.
Loved all the lectures and the fact that they were short in duration and loaded with excellent content that I could use on a daily basis at my practice.
We share common goals. Meeting together encourages me to work out details that have not been incorporated.
Vinoy Renaissance Resort
501 5th Ave NE
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Special Room Rate: $289 standard room a night plus tax
2018 Presentation Descriptions
Invisalign: The Cornerstone of Comprehensive Care Dentistry
With Dr. Ben Miraglia
This presentation will demonstrate clear aligners as both a healthy and capable comprehensive orthodontic opportunity to correct our patients malocclusions and improve our restorative procedures. Mild, moderate and severe malocclusions will be shown from initial records through completed, comprehensive care treatment including clear aligner therapy.
- Understand the differences between malocclusion and occlusal health.
- Understand the difference between treating the cause vs. treating the symptoms.
- Understand how correcting the malocclusion improves the periodontal health of the patient.
- Learn how clear aligners can be an option to treat TMD.
- Understand how correcting the malocclusion sets up the restorative and cosmetic dentistry.
Success Through Verification
The Functional, Phonetic, and Esthetic Ramifications of Altering Incisal Edge Positions
Altering incisal edge position, whether maxillary or mandibular, has great consequences. Every functional consideration comes into play as well as esthetics and phonetics. The success of many restorative cases hinges on the ability to accurately place the incisal edges in the correct 3D position.
- Understand Envelope of Function vs Anterior Guidance
- Learn the system of verification in the provisional phase
- Understand how incisal edge position relates to the occlusal plane
Building a Dental Practice Brand …. Without Breaking the Bank
With Will Rose
- Identify what elements should be included in a dental practice’s marketing strategy
- Determine an appropriate marketing budget for your practice
- Recognize resources and methods for planning and executing a successful marketing strategy
The Quest for the Center: A Personal Journey
With Dr. Pio Modi
One of the toughest concepts taught at The Dawson Academy is the idea of achieving balance in our lives. The goal of this presentation is to offer an analysis of what Cabot’s Cross of Life is, the struggles and things in our lives that pull us away from the center and ways to bring us back.
- Detail Cabot’s Cross of Life
- Identify common challenges with finding the center
- Discover current trends that are making it even tougher for dentists to be centered.
- Review ways to deal with these polarizing trends to return to the point of true balance
The Case for Minimally Invasive Dentistry
With Dr. John Cranham
In this presentation Dr. Cranham will look at the criteria that must be considered to determine the best cases to consider a minimally invasive option, and which cases may require a more traditional approach. The no-prep (minimal prep veneer, as well as “the taco” bonded ceramic crown will looked at in detail. Additionally, he will look at how these concepts are finding their way into to the treatment of periodontal disease, the placement of dental implants as well as other areas in the dental profession.
So They Said YES…Now what?
With Dr. Zachary Sisler
Imagine the joy of sitting down with a patient, one that you’ve put so much time and attention into their treatment plan, and they actually say YES! Everyone is excited and then reality hits…where do I begin? This talk will discuss how the use of a simple checklist will streamline appointments for you, your staff and the patient.
- Understand the basic framework for a checklist, no matter how simple or complex.
- Discuss the appointment sequencing so everyone’s on the same page.
- Discover the peace of mind a checklist can provide.