Outside Speaking Engagement Integrative Dental Medicine: The Next Great Frontier in Dentistry with Dr. DeWitt Wilkerson from Barcelona, Spain.
7-Night Western Mediterranean Cruise
July 1 – 8, 2018
Integrative Medicine is a growing discipline whereby the objective is to understand cause and effect relationships of health and disease. Patients are counseled on how to prevent accelerated aging and chronic degenerative conditions, such as atherosclerosis. At the same time, patients are coached on how they can engage in a lifestyle that can turn back the clock, increase energy, sharpen their minds, make them trimmer, fitter and help them live with much more vibrancy and joy. These very same principles can be applied through Dental Medicine, by addressing 4 B’s:
- Bite: TMJ, Masticatory Muscles, Dental Malocclusion, Occlusal Orthotics, Headaches
- Bacteria: Oral Pathogens, Salivary Testing, Probiotics, Periodontal Therapy
- Breathing: Sleep Apnea, Disordered Breathing, Nasal vs. Mouth Breathing
- Body: Systemic Inflammation, Nutrition, Physical Inactivity, Toxins, Stress
We will discuss the relationships between TMD/OcclusalDisorders, Airway/Breathing Disorders & Infection/Inflammation.
This very informative and thought provoking seminar will serve as an introduction to a topic that will revolutionize your perspective of our great profession!
- Educate participants about the connection between Dentistry and whole body health
- Understand the relationship between dental occlusal wear, bruxism, disordered breathing, and gastric reflux
- Learn screening tests for sleep apnea, disordered breathing, diabetes, gastric reflux that can be immediately implemented in the dental office
- Introduce implementation strategies for creating healthier patients and practices