Outside Speaking Engagement with Dr. DeWitt at the New Mexico Dental Association Annual Session
Friday, June 8, 2018 (Half Day Program)
America is facing a health care crisis that will soon bankrupt both our economy and our quality of life through chronic, lifestyle induced, inflammatory medical conditions. Periodontal conditions reflect both local and systemic inflammation, affecting the whole body. How will we address this critical national epidemic? Who will champion the cause and reverse this downward health spiral? Together, we will. Dental Hygienists are Medicine’s emerging superstars!
In this session we will discuss both the crisis, which is the rationing of health care in the U.S., and the solution, a medical revolution, where each individual becomes rational, taking personal responsibility for their lifestyle and health. It’s the only solution, and the most obvious champions for this revolution are Dental Hygienists.
How do we learn the information needed to lead this medical revolution?
How do we effectively screen, test, and coach our patients?
How do we motivate our patients to take this seriously and become excited to become fitter, sharper, sexier, more energetic, and live longer?
- Present a clear model of periodontal conditions and systemic inflammation
- Handout visual aids for patient discussions
- Screening & testing tools for periodontal pathogens, sleep apnea, gastric reflux, general health assessment, and nutritional requirements.
- “Save Your Life” Campaign
- Resources for periodontal care, probiotics, nutritional supplements & counseling, further training in whole health coaching.