This two-day dental assistant continuing education course is designed to teach dental assistants the skills necessary to support their dentists in diagnosis and treatment planning. A programmed approach to gathering patient information and records is the basis of the class. The role that technological advances in digital photography, computer diagnostics and mounted digital casts play in the assistant’s job is also covered in this intense hands-on dental assistant course.
- The Concept of Complete Dentistry
- Overview of the masticatory system
- Role of occlusion in predictable & stable health
- Assistant’s role in the complete care practice & exam
- How to use digital photography for co diagnosis and practice growth
- Choosing the proper Impression Tray
- How to take a great pre-operative impression the first time (Alginate vs. Polyvinyl)
- Take and transfer a face-bow recording
- Assist with bite records
- Pouring and mounting models
- How to ask the proper questions at the new patient examination so that you will connect with the wants and needs of the patient
- Mounting upper and lower casts in CR
- Verifying the mountings
Hear what attendees are saying…
The course was wonderful and I felt like I was able to come away with an expanded skills set and valuable knowledge that will help my team as we move forward. Thank you all for the time and effort that was put forth to make this program happen! I hope to see you all again in the future!
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and passion for dentistry. I think you all did a wonderful job of explaining things during our lecture and hands on. I learned a lot and now have more of an understanding of what my boss has been teaching us. I am grateful that I could attend this coarse and to learn more about occlusal disease.
Requests to cancel or transfer registration in a Dawson Academy course, lecture, or event will be accommodated until 60 DAYS PRIOR to start date. Upon request a refund will be provided minus a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, or a one-time course, lecture, or event transfer, which remains valid for 12 months. Less than 60 days prior to course, no refunds or transfers will be issued.
*Students who finance tuition through the Lending Club financing program are subject to special terms and conditions.
Please contact The Dawson Academy at 1.800.952.2178 for full details.
The Dawson Academy is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Dawson Academy designates this activity for 14 credit hours continuing education credits.