Examination and Records is one of the most important dental courses that a dentist will master on the path to complete dentistry. The cornerstone of the Dawson philosophy begins with a thorough comprehensive examination and the gathering of necessary records accurately. As Dr. Dawson says “every great treatment plan comes from a well organized Records appointment”.
The examination and accompanying records are the ﬁrst step in the process of complete dentistry. This hands-on program will cover all aspects of the exam and records process.
Course Size: 20
- Acquire skills to perform a TMJ/Occlusal examination
- Learn the co-diagnostic process of the examination and how to ask future focus questions
- Evaluate the masticatory system for instability in the TM joints, muscles and teeth
- Learn bilateral manipulation and how to obtain an accurate veriﬁable centric relation record
- Master the use of a lucia jig to help obtain a centric relation bite record
- Verify how to do a correct face-bow transfer and why it is critical to both the diagnostic and restorative phases of treatment
- Mount casts using the face-bow transfer and CR record on a semi- adjustable articulator
- Acquire the skills to use a macro digital camera to shoot a series of diagnostic photographs
- Begin the implementation process to establish the process of complete dentistry
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists
CE Credits: 22
CE Codes: #010 (2L, 3P), #130 (2L, 1P), #180 (3L, 3P), #730 (2L, 2P) and #780 (2L, 2P)
Class Hours: Day 1 and 2 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Day 3 – 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Optional Dinner – The class typically goes to dinner together after class of Day 1. Spouses are welcome to join.
Recommended Prerequisite: Functional Occlusion – From TMJ to Smile Design