Protocols for Predictably Altering Vertical Dimension
Every dentist encounters cases of moderate to severely worn dentition, but very few know how to confidently plan and deliver successful treatment.
In this course you’ll learn step-by-step protocols to confidently treat a variety of clinical situations, both functionally and esthetically. Cases of bulimia, GERD, bruxism, sleep apnea, restricted envelope of function, abfraction, and toothpaste abrasion will be reviewed.
At the conclusion of this course, you will be able to…
- Restore a moderately to severely worn dentition (by opening the vertical dimension of occlusion) an arch at a time or by sextant.
- Open the vertical dimension with multiple “long term provisional” techniques so that complex treatment plans can be phased (these techniques will transform how you do full arch dentistry).
- Identify the various causes of wear and erosion and a step-by-step protocol to confidently treat these varying clinical situations.
- Treat these undiagnosed problems will increase the predictability of your everyday dentistry, as well give you the confidence to handle cases you currently are not doing.
- Use the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard® to communicate precise esthetic and functional tooth contours to the dental laboratory, for the fabrication of an optimal diagnostic wax up.
- Set cases up utilizing invisalign®, as well as do the periodontal surgical procedures (gingivectomy/crown lengthening) when it is appropriate.
Treat Cases Like…
What Students Are Saying…
A great introduction to when and how to alter VDO.
Great course to solidify confidence in doing full length arch dentistry.
Requests to cancel or transfer registration in a Dawson Academy course, lecture, or event will be accommodated until 60 DAYS PRIOR to start date. Upon request a refund will be provided minus a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, or a one-time course, lecture, or event transfer, which remains valid for 12 months. Less than 60 days prior to course, no refunds or transfers will be issued.
*Students who finance tuition through the Lending Club financing program are subject to special terms and conditions.
Please contact The Dawson Academy at 1.800.952.2178 for full details.
The Dawson Academy is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Dawson Academy designates this activity for 16 credit hours continuing education credits.