This two-day dental hygienist ce course is designed to significantly enhance the dental hygienist’s knowledge of complete dentistry as it relates to periodontal health and occlusal stability. The hygienist will learn that the key to long-term success of optimum health begins with a thorough understanding of the masticatory system and the use of centric relation.
Through both hands-on exercises and lecture, the hygienist will understand the complete exam process, identify signs of occlusal instability and how they relate to patients’ symptoms and periodontal disease. He/she will also learn communication skills necessary to transition patients to a “complete” dental practice. Designed to parallel the dentists’ curriculum, this dental hygiene course will reinforce the hygienist’s vital role in bringing the practice full circle for the development of optimum oral health and longevity for all patients!
Course Size: 20
- Identify a systematic approach to understanding centric relation dentistry and the importance of healthy occlusion.
- Recognize and gain a clear understanding of what optimum oral health looks like.
- Recall head and neck anatomy as it relates to the temporomandibular joints, muscles and the bite.
- Observe the role of occlusion in predictable, stable oral health.
- Identify the relationship between occlusion and periodontal disease.
- Explore the complete exam process and how to utilize this information at the hygiene visit.
- Assess the importance of quality diagnostic records and how they are obtained.
- Distinguish the role of the hygienist in transitioning the practice to complete dental practice.
- Observe how to implement and discuss the concepts of complete dentistry with patients chairside.
- Breakdown and introduce other common topics such as headaches, splints, sleep apnea and nutrition.
Target Audience: Dental Hygienists
CE Credits: 14
CE Codes: #010 (1.5L & 1P), #180 (4L), #490 (1L), #550 (1L), #730 (1.5L, 4P)
Class Hours: Day 1 & 2 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Instructor: Kim Daxon, DDS & Joanne Schultz Bailey, RDH
Tuition: $1,495 per Hygienist
Recommended Prerequisite: None