Predictable outcomes begin here.
Examination & Records Hands-On
Examination and Records is one of the most important dental courses that a dentist will master on the path to complete dentistry. The cornerstone of the Dawson philosophy begins with a thorough comprehensive examination and the gathering of necessary records accurately. As Dr. Dawson says “every great treatment plan comes from a well organized Records appointment”.
The examination and accompanying records are the ﬁrst step in the process of complete dentistry. This hands-on program will cover all aspects of the exam and records process.
Course Size: 20
- Acquire skills to perform a TMJ/Occlusal examination
- Learn the co-diagnostic process of the examination and how to ask future focus questions
- Evaluate the masticatory system for instability in the TM joints, muscles and teeth
- Learn bilateral manipulation and how to obtain an accurate veriﬁable centric relation record
- Master the use of a lucia jig to help obtain a centric relation bite record
- Verify how to do a correct face-bow transfer and why it is critical to both the diagnostic and restorative phases of treatment
- Mount casts using the face-bow transfer and CR record on a semi- adjustable articulator
- Acquire the skills to use a macro digital camera to shoot a series of diagnostic photographs
- Begin the implementation process to establish the process of complete dentistry
Hear What Past Attendees Say About This Course
“The course was excellent. I have been to many CE courses but nothing came even close to the impact this will have on my career as a dentist, I cant wait to take the next course!!”
“Great course! Uplifting and Encouraging. So far it is the most helpful course that will impact my practice, my life and my future. I am beginning to work towards implementation.”
“The most comprehensive and organized course I’ve ever attended. Dr. Cobb is a fantastic lecturer and hands on instructor.”
“The whole team at The Dawson Academy made me feel like a home away from home. Every question I had they could answer. Their knowledge, professionalism and attention to detail is outstanding. I can’t imagine spending time learning about dentistry anywhere else.”
Requests to cancel or transfer registration in a Dawson Academy course, lecture, or event will be accommodated until 60 DAYS PRIOR to start date. Upon request a refund will be provided minus a $100.00 non-refundable deposit, or a one-time course, lecture, or event transfer, which remains valid for 12 months. Less than 60 days prior to course, no refunds or transfers will be issued.
*Students who finance tuition through the Lending Club financing program are subject to special terms and conditions.
Please contact The Dawson Academy at 1.800.952.2178 for full details.
The Dawson Academy is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Dawson Academy designates this activity for 22 credit hours continuing education credits.