In Examination and Records and Treatment Planning Functional Esthetic Excellence, a systematic process for conducting a comprehensive examination, taking diagnostic records and developing a treatment plan was introduced. This process works for the majority of patients which have healthy TMJ’s. This dental course will pick up where those courses left off and teach a systematic process for advanced records when TMD pathology is suspected. A systematic process for the evaluation, differential diagnosis, treatment and management of patients exhibiting signs and symptoms of TMD will be developed. Phase one treatment will focus on occlusal splint therapy. Splint designs will be selected based on the suspected joint diagnosis. Phase two will focus on the definitive treatment steps required to establish a lasting and comfortable occlusion.
Course Size: 20
- Understand when TM joint imaging is indicated and how to order it.
- Differentiate between different imaging options, understand what the MRI and CT-Scans are showing and how this information relates to the signs and symptoms of TMD.
- Understand what insurance codes, including medical, to use when treating TMD problems.
- Recognize when to use occlusal splint therapy
- Differentiate between different types of splints and when to use which type.
- How to fabricate and refine an occlusal splint.
- Understand the basic concepts of anatomy, physiology, and neuromuscular relationships that must be considered in the development of an individualized management plan.
- How to efficiently and profitably schedule splint therapy.
- How to create an appropriate fee structure for service.
- How to help patients understand the diagnosis and treatment needed so they will accept your recommendations.
- How to create a treatment plan for definitive long-term care
Tuition: $5,395 per doctor or technician
Class Hours: Day 1 & 2 – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Day 3 – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
CE Credits: 20
CE Codes: #010 (1L), #130 (1L), #180 (4L, 5P) and #730 (1L, 8P)
Target Audience: General Dentists, Specialists