In this compact overview of the determinants of occlusion, Dr. Peter Dawson discusses why going beyond single tooth dentistry requires an understanding of the masticatory system and the interrelationship of its parts: the teeth, the muscles and the temporomandibular joints. Without harmony in the system, the potential exists for patients to develop occlusal wear problems, sore teeth, loose teeth, unstable dentitions, muscle pain, fractured teeth and restorations, as well as various oro-facial pain problems.
- The causes of occlusal disease and how to diagnose it before symptoms develop.
- Why the position and condition of the TMJs is so important to understanding occlusion and creating a stable result in restorative dentistry.
- Why a correct anterior guidance is critical to long term stability and results in the best esthetics and phonetics.
- The common effects of posterior interferences.
- How the Functional Matrix allows you to determine the PRECISE contour, position and inclination of every tooth, as well as the anterior guidance, without any guesswork.
- The three steps to quality control that enable you to produce more dentistry with less stress.
Yearly subscription to online course is non-refundable.
The Dawson Academy is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Dawson Academy designates this activity for 1 credit hour continuing education credit.