Original Air Date: 12/10/2021
This course will assess the different types of salivary diagnostic tests available, the purpose of each, and how to use them to improve patients’ overall wellness. We will review specimen collection techniques, which patients to test, and when. We will then discuss verbal skills for recommending and explaining these tests to patients.
Participants will leave the course with an understanding of how the results of these tests may affect the treatment plan for their patients in an integrative dental medicine practice.
- Examine the different types of salivary diagnostic tests that are available today
- Determine which patients to test and when
- Clarify how the results of these tests affect the treatment plan for your patients
- Enhance verbal skills for recommending and explaining each test
- Implement costs and coding for the various tests available
CE Credits: 4
Instructor: Dr. Angie Gribble Hedlund
Recommended Prerequisite: None