Dawson Diagnostic Wizard is now Smile Wizard!
After careful consideration of our current offering, we have decided that for the betterment of our treatment planning protocols, the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard must evolve to meet the needs of its users. We are excited to announce that Lifecycle Development is now the owner of this software application and all contract administration and support. Their team has updated the original Dawson Wizard to be an improved and seamless treatment planning solution. Some of the improvements in the new Smile Wizard will include:
- Web-based Platform: By moving (‘Smile Wizard’) off of your local hard drive, you will be able to access it in any browser without the need for download and installation.
- Mobile Access: (‘Smile Wizard’) can be accessed by any browser-ready mobile device, allowing access on smartphones and tablets.
- Improved Interface: The user experience will be a major upgrade of this solution, ensuring your treatment planning experience is thorough and fully transparent.
- More storage: Save more images that you want stored with each patient, plus other items such as T-Scans, and MRI images.
Smile Wizard also alleviates some of the technical challenges that have limited functionality in the past. The future of the new version is very bright!
About Lifecycle Development
Lifecycle has been involved with the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard® continuously since its initial creation and they already know our customers very well. They have been providing the majority of the support and technical updates, and have a good knowledge base about how Dawson dentists treatment plan success. This Dawson Academy Partner specializes in software development of clinical enterprise solutions.
We are excited to bring the benefits of this new partnership to you. For any questions about this update, please contact Lifecycle at 435-200-4131.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get the new Smile Wizard?
Here are the steps you will need to follow to get Smile Wizard:
- Open a browser and go to https://smilewizard.io.
- Follow the steps to sign-up for a trial account. While enrolling, you will be asked to place a credit card on file, but there will be no charge until your next scheduled payment.
* Make sure to use the same email address when signing up for the new account as you did with the Dawson Wizard account as this is how patients will be moved into your new account. If this is not possible you will need to contact us at smilewizard.io.
- Before your trial expires you will be able to sign up for a paid account and your subscription will continue.
How will this impact my current Wizard account?
Even though you establish your new account with the Smile Wizard you will continue to have access to the Dawson Wizard as normal until Sept. 1, 2020. After September 1st you will no longer be able to Add or Edit patient records in the Dawson Wizard. Once the data in the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard® is no longer being changed, we will move your existing patient records into your new Smile Wizard account where they will be accessible. Please note that you will still be able to log into the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard® and export data until September 30th. We would recommend that once you establish your new account with Smile Wizard you add your new patients there and only edit the patients that are in the Dawson Wizard.
How do I reset my password?
Your username and password for your Dawson Diagnostic Wizard account is different from the Dawson Academy website. You can reset your Wizard password by going to http://dawsonwizard.com/ForgotPassword.
Why won’t my Dawson Diagnostic Wizard Software work?
The following may be reasons your Dawson Diagnostic Wizard Software isn’t working:
- Internet Connection: Check your internet connection to make sure it is working.
- Unsupported/Old Version: If you installed the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard prior to February 2015, you may be trying to run the previous, unsupported version from Guru. Click here for Uninstall/Reinstall instructions for a PC. Click here for Uninstall/Reinstall instructions for a Mac.
- Wrong Username/Password: Your Dawson Diagnostic Wizard account will not work if you are using the wrong username and/or password. Your Dawson Diagnostic Wizard account is a different account than your Dawson Academy website account. To reset your password go to http://dawsonwizard.com/ForgotPassword. For further assistance contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-200-4131 between 10am-4pm MST.
- Account Expired: Your Dawson Diagnostic Wizard may not be working if your trial ended or your account is not up-to-date with payments. For questions about your account status, contact The Dawson Academy at 800-952-2178 or by filling out the Contact Us Form found in the upper right corner of the website.
How do I get support for Dawson Wizard?
All support for the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard software is being handled by Lifecycle Development. They can be reached here:
Phone: 435-200-4131 or email email@example.com.
Lifecycle has been involved with the Dawson Diagnostic Wizard® continuously since its initial creation and they already know our customers very well. They have been providing the majority of the support and technical updates, and have a good knowledge base about how Dawson dentists treatment plan success.